Get a Higher Education at Terrell Aviation
Instrument Rating Requirements FAR 61.65:
- Must hold a current private pilot certificate
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language
- Receive Flight and Ground instruction with appropriate sign-offs
- Pass the written exam and the practical.
Experience requirements FAR 61.65(d):
- 40 hours of instrument time
- 15 hours instrument instruction
- 50 hours of cross country flight time as PIC
- 10 hours must be in airplanes
- 3 hours of instrument flight training from an authorized instructor within 2 calendar months before the date of the practical test
- One cross country flight in an airplane of at least:
- 250 nautical miles along airways or by direct routing from air traffic control.
- An instrument approach at each airport.
- 3 different kinds of approaches with the use of navigation systems